Pulse are Specialists in providing the NHS, Community and private healthcare sector with qualified occupational therapists both in the UK and Internationally.
This exciting role will place you at the heart of a clinical team, working closely with patients and other healthcare professionals to deliver the best care and rehabilitation for patients. Offering children and young people with mental health needs in a tranquil environment where they can recuperate and recover.
You will have three units to look after children and young people with eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia; other complex mental health conditions, such as bipolar disorder and self-harm; and we have a psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) for those who require specialist treatment and have been admitted under the Mental Health Act.
Work experience & qualifications:
- Have a minimum BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Hold current HCPC registration
- Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the MDT and senior professional and managerial staff
- Have a person centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
In return we offer you:
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and development
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Alternatively for more information or to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gurdeep Jandu, in the Permanent Occupational Therapy team on: 01992 305 659 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.