Pulse have received a request for a Band 6 Paediatric Occupational Therapist to start in Southampton as soon as possible. Our client is in need of someone with experience in Paediatrics to work on a full time basis, however it may be possible to negotiate part time hours if required.
In this vacancy you will be expected to;
- To provide a specialist Occupational Therapy Service to children and young people on the caseload some of whom may have complex needs.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner, in collaboration with health, education staff, children/young people and their parents, to deliver integrated specialised packages of care to children with complex needs, including neuro disability, developmental delay, musculo-skeletal and neuro muscular conditions and developmental coordination disorder.
- To provide support and mentoring to less experience colleagues.
- To be an autonomous practitioner, professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of your work including the assessment, diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and discharge of a caseload
- To ensure a high standard of clinical care for the children under your management, adhering to agreed departmental standards, national protocols/policies and the COT Professional Code of Conduct and support less experienced colleagues to do likewise
- To use clinical knowledge and experience to undertake the comprehensive assessment, carry out diagnostic procedures and interpret the results using investigative and analytical skills for a wide range of paediatric conditions
- To formulate, evaluate and review individual specialised Occupational therapy management and treatment plans using clinical reasoning skills andknowledge of diagnosis and a wide range of treatment skills appropriate to children and young people with functional difficulties, working at all times in partnership with parents, preschool/school staff, and if appropriate the children themselves
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Excellent rates of pay
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned consultant
- Privilege, employee benefits package*
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.