Pulse is looking for a Band 7 Occupational Therapist for a role based in London. Candidates applying for this position need relevant experience of working within CAMHS, the Child and Adolescent Mental Health service and working with people with learning difficulties. This is a community role therefore the candidate will need to be a car driver as the role will involve travelling to different patients. In addition experience of working in a previous community role would be essential. This is a part time position to cover 3 days a week, which may be negotiable, and it is to start as soon as possible.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
- Enabling people with disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home
- Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent.
- Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities.
- Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required.
- To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records in line with Trust and professional standards and provide activity/audit reports as required
- Promote a person’s quality of life and that of their carers
- Support the person’s carer and enable them to continue in their carer’s role
- Carry out practical assessments of people’s ability to carry out normal activities of daily living
- Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Excellent rates of pay
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned consultant
- Privilege, employee benefits package*
- Opportunity to increase net pay through one of our payroll options. We have dedicated teams to help you with your choice.
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.