Pulse are looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist with prior experience within Stroke treatment to join an Intermediate Care team in East London. This post is available for full time hours to someone with access to a car as the post will be community based.
- Carry out routine and complex physical and functional assessment
- Holistic evaluation of rehabilitation and social care needs
- Participate in MDT meeting and assessment
- Provide client-centred assessment and Interventions
- Provide generic tasks and assessments as required by Multi-disciplinary team
- Assess and provide OT equipment/ adaptations/referrals to Social Services
- Carry out risk Assessments and identify Safeguarding issues
- Liaise with family, GPs, and voluntary services regarding client's health and safety
- Facilitate home visits and order appropriate equipment.
- Comprehensive memory tests and cognitive assessments using validated tools
- Possess advanced skills in the assessment and management of complex neurological (including Stroke) cases using evidence-based approach
- Assess level of functional, psychological and social ability to enable independence in the home environment and facilitate social participation.
- Problem solving, decision making and evaluate in order to provide minor and major equipment and adaptations.
- Manage a large case load ensuring efficient and effective service delivery
- Ability to work in an integrated community care and provide qualityservice
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Excellent rates of pay
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned consultant
- Privilege, employee benefits package*
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.