Pulse has a unique opportunity for a band 6 Occupational therapist who is willing to travel around the country for this mental health role. The candidate needs relevant experience in mental health as well as experience in a previous community role. The candidate will be travelling to patients homes and it would therefore be essential for them to be a car driver. This is a full time position that needs a candidate who is ready to start as soon as possible.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
- Enable people with disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home.
- Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent.
- Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities.
- Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required.
- To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records in line with Trust and professional standards and provide activity/audit reports as required.
- Promote a disabled person’s quality of life and that of their carers.
- Support the disabled person’s carer and enable them to continue in their carer’s role.
- Carry out practical assessments of people’s ability to carry out normal activities of daily living:
- Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Excellent rates of pay
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned consultant
- Privilege, employee benefits package*
- Opportunity to increase net pay through one of our payroll options. We have dedicated teams to help you with your choice.
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.