Pulse is seeking to recruit a graduate occupational therapist, for a fantastic opportunity to work within a well-established private practice. The practice is based in the area of Norfolk and is only a 10 minute drive from the closest train station, with other public transport available.
The practice specialises in treatment for adults with learning disabilities who have associated conditions including personality disorders, mental illnesses and autistic spectrum disorders. They offer low and medium secure environments which are linked with community bases step-down services including continuing care and rehabilitation.
You will be working as part of a large and supportive team of occupational therapists, teachers, occupational therapy assistants, technical instructors, a teaching assistant and speech and language therapist, you will be actively encouraged to develop new ideas and innovative interventions that enhance patients’ skills development and social inclusion.
Duties within this role will include:
• Working as part on an experienced multidisciplinary team
• Providing occupational therapy assessments and interventions to individuals and groups
• Working within medium, low and locked rehabilitation levels of security
• Provide support to other wards as and when required (although will be predominantly based on one ward)
Skills and experience needed:
• Be reflective and self-aware
• Must have a degree in occupational therapy
• Be sensitive to the particular demands of the setting
• Able to use supervision effectively
• Self motivated and keen to learn
In return for you expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
• 25 days annual leave – plus bank holidays
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Private medical insurance scheme
• Life assurance
• Free meals while on duty
• Carefirst – Employee Assistance Services
• Childcare vouchers
• Voluntary benefits
To find out more about this role, please contact our team today.
Apply using the form below.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.