Are you an enthusiastic and compassionate Occupational Therapist seeking a new role?
Our client is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join a complex elderly rehabilitation team at a well-established NHS trust, based in Surrey. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours for an ongoing duration.
The appointed Occupational Therapist will be responsible for assessing and treating patients within a medical & care of the elderly ward and will be using patient transfer aids such as hoists and patient turners. Therefore, applying therapists will need to have recent experience of a fast-paced discharge planning environment to be considered for the role.
Therapist’s applying for this role must have:
- HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist
- A relevant degree/qualification within Occupational Therapy
- Knowledge of specialist equipment
- Experience of working within a similar NHS setting
- Strong IT and communication skills
- The ability to think outside the box
- Must be a driver and provide a UK driving licence
Duties within this role will include:
- Managing a clinical caseload
- Writing accurate and detailed reports on patient progress
- Working as part as a multidisciplinary team
- Discharge planning
- Assessments and provision of hoists and slings
- Devising care plans with family members and/or carers
- Develop rehabilitation programs to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
- Support and advice from our team of friendly and dedicated consultants
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- HireVue online interviews
- ipoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomists
- Daily payroll
- Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector
*terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.