Pulse are Specialists in providing the NHS, Community and private healthcare sector with qualified occupational therapists both in the UK and Internationally.
We are looking for a Permanent Occupational Therapist (newly qualified or up to specialist - Band5/6 level).
This Hospital is a specialist service for men and women with learning disabilities and other complex needs such as autism, personality disorder, mental health conditions, forensic histories and challenging behaviours. A great opportunity for someone whom is looking to gain the exposure of working with variety of client groups. The hospital benefits from a fully equipped activity centre both on and off-site so that opportunities for rehabilitation are maximised. Positive Behaviour Support and Active Support models are embedded in what we do, to ensure all patients have a voice and are supported in the way that suits their needs best.
You will work alongside a full multidisciplinary team and provide quality assessments and interventions within the Model of Human Occupation and according to the Valuing People principles. To be responsible for delivering group and one to one sessions is also a key requirement of this role, with the aim of supporting patients to achieve their maximum level of independence and develop community based skills.
- Salary up to £29k (depending on experience)
- Pension scheme
- Free staff meals
- Pension scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities to include: induction training on appointment, regular clinical supervision with onsite Senior OT, mentoring and support from the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession, continuous professional development, the opportunity to attend OT bimonthly meetings, internal/external training opportunities, research opportunities, training on new initiatives and sensory integration preceptorship.
- A degree or a postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy.
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience of working with mental health, autism or learning disability client groups and independently assessing and managing occupational needs is advantageous.
- Some knowledge of Sensory Integration would be beneficial however; this can be supported if required.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised, resilient, forward thinking occupational therapist to join our friendly team. Above all, you will be someone with exceptional communication skills along with a genuine desire to help others.
Alternatively for more information or to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gurdeep Jandu, in the Permanent Occupational Therapy team on: 01992 305 659 or at email@example.com
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.