Based in Birmingham Pulse have received an urgent request for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to start as soon as possible. The area of cover is acute medical wards but may vary fro elderly care wards to respiratory and cardiology as well. Our client needs someone with knowledge or familiarity in these areas with experience in discharge planning and rehabilitation. The work will also include equipment options and ordering and the successful candidate will be expected to work independently to assess patients physical and cognitive functions. This is a full time position for someone to work flexibly across two hospitals in Birmingham, as needed, and collaborate in a multi disciplinary team.
In this vacancy you will be expected to;
- Work with people of all ages to help them overcome the effects of disability
- Work with a client to help them achieve a fulfilled and satisfied state in life
- To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities.
- To undertake therapy assessments and continually develop a high service for patients
- To support the organisation, delivery and monitoring of the service
- Assess and provide equipment to aid rehabilitation and improve quality of life, ensuring that appropriate instruction and safety awareness is given.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records in line with Trust and professional standards
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Excellent rates of pay
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned consultant
- Privilege, employee benefits package*
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.