Pulse currently has a new vacancy available for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join an esteemed Community team based in Birmingham. This position is suitable for a candidate with experience in a Paediatric setting, and with access to their own transport. The client is flexible with offering full or part time hours for an initial period of two months however there is a possibility that this will be extended.
In order to be considered for this position you must have the following;
- A relevant degree qualification
- HCPC registration
- Previous exposure in a similar environment
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
- Using own initiative, provide professional advice and guidance to staff and young patients
- To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities.
- To undertake therapy assessments and continually develop a high service for patients
- To support the organisation, delivery and monitoring of the service
- Carry continuing responsibility for the co-ordination and assessment of children’s needs
- Be responsible for the safe and competent use of therapy equipment, patientappliances and aids. Ensure staff obtain competency prior to use through supervision, teaching and training of practice.
- Assess and provide equipment to aid rehabilitation and improve quality of life, ensuring that appropriate instruction and safety awareness is given.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records in line with Trust and professional standards and provide activity/audit reports as required
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Excellent rates of pay and access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned, personal consultant.
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.