Pulse have received an exciting new position for either a Band 7 or Band 8a managerial role in Reading. This locum post is due to start as soon as possible for a therapist with experience in a team leader or manager capacity. The Professional Lead will support the AHP and service leads to devise and implement service plans involving Occupational Therapists for the future delivery of services with a view to delivering quality improvement and patient centred care.
The successful applicant will provide professional leadership holding accountability for quality of service delivery with professional standards and boundaries.
They will ensure that all elements of service provision meet the relevant performance standards, including the safety effectiveness and efficiency of the service and supporting service managers in monitoring performance and achieving targets set for the service and supporting the on-going service development agenda across the Trust.
Key duties involved are:
- Working with the manager and the individuals in leading and developing a first class AHP service, ensuring evidence based practice is used and that the service is continually improving by linking with the Trusts objectives and the national professional body requirements.
- Supporting service change from an AHP perspective, both with management and staff providing advice, support and guidance when asked.
- Holding an understanding of the whole Trust view (specific to the profession you lead) across an often fragmented group and supporting staff to see this bigger picture.
- Representing the profession on operational and strategic groups as required, and to deputise for the Professional Lead for all AHP’s when requested to do so.
- Co-ordinating and/or linking in with specific student education co-ordinators in the Trust and linking with the universities as required. Ensure appropriate data is being collected for trust wide and health education England wide requirements.
- Providing regular professional clinical supervision for senior staff and be responsible for this and other good practice happening across the profession.
- Providing professional support and profession specific leadership to staff situated in integrated multi-disciplinary teams.
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Excellent rates of pay
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- An assigned consultant
- Privilege, employee benefits package*
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.