Pulse have an exciting opportunity for a junior level or recently qualified Occupational therapist in Cheshire.
We are working with a rapidly expanding provider of health and social care services and boast a portfolio of Care homes, Hospitals and education services.
Due to the growth of their service they currently have an opportunity for an occupational therapist to gain some invaluable experience within the mental health sector.
Their home in Cheshire provides high quality care and person centred rehabilitation to adult males with a variety of mental health conditions and challenging behaviours.
As a CQC registered home they work with males who may have been detained under the mental health act and may have been deemed treatment resistant, may have a co-morbidity or dual diagnosis.
With regular supervision and mentorship from the Lead Occupational therapist this a great opportunity for a recently qualified therapist to get hands on experience in the field of mental health or for an experienced therapist looking to change their area of expertise.
- Use recognised Occupational Therapy assessment tools to assess and inform treatment planning
- Work with patients to identify Occupational Therapy goals as part of an overall care plan.
- To engage with the Occupational Therapy process.
- Work with the Responsible Clinician and members of the hospital Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) to deliver a co-ordinated and inclusive approach to patient care and treatment.
- Work with the Occupational Therapy assistant to plan and facilitate a wide range of activities at the home and within the wider community.
- Ensure that services are provided safely and with cultural sensitivity, in privacy and dignity for individual service users and staff.
- Providing a consistently high standard of care to patients.
- Developing effective therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement.
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice.
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside each patient and monitoring patient progress.
- Promoting professional development within the team.
- To ensure the service is consistently delivered in line with all service policies and procedures.
- Advise SMT and MDT on significant Risk, Patient Safety and Health and Safety issues that may affect the services.
- Manage within the organisations policies, procedures and standing financial instructions.
- Undertake additional duties within the scope of the job role as determined by the Hospital Manager.
To be considered you must a degree in Occupational therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.