Are you an empathetic Occupational Therapist with a keen interest in mental health?
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Mental Health Occupational Therapist, to join our fantastic client’s rehabilitation clinic based in Chesterfield. This vacancy is available to start as soon as possible, offering 32 hours per week in a permanent role.
The Occupational Therapist in post will be working within an adult service, providing specialist assessment and treatment to patients with a range of moderate to complex personality disorders. In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to our patient’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
Duties will include:
- Attending MDT meetings
- Contribute to the holistic assessment of physical and mental wellbeing needs.
- Assessment and intervention of individual patients needs and progress.
- Treating patients for a range of moderate to complex mental health conditions
- Working with other healthcare professionals
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
- Experience in the field of personality disorder
- Working as a Band 6 or Band 7 OT
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to manage highly demanding clinical presentation
If you are an Occupational Therapist that has excellent communication and rapport building skills and would like to create a positive change to those with mental health difficulties, we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary of up to £40,000pa FTE DoE
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership and Management, Sensory Integration.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Strong links with local universities
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Company pension scheme
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
- Relocation packages offered
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.