Are you a compassionate Occupational Therapist who specialises in Learning Disabilities?
Our client is currently seeking a band 6 Occupational Therapist to join their fantastic Learning Disabilities team, in a permanent role, within their hospital based in Bradford. This position will be available for the successful therapist to start immediately, working 24-32 hours each week for an on-going duration.
The successful candidate will provide direct clinical care which will encompass OT assessments, treatment and management of patients within the service. In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly.
The Successful Candidate should be/have:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) or registering imminently
- Experienced in the field of adult mental health or PICU environments
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to manage highly demanding clinical presentation
Duties within this role will include:
- ASD assessment
- Carrying out functional assessments
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Treating clients with Autism/ADHD
- Managing own caseload
- Being legally and professionally accountable for own work
If you are an empathetic Occupational Therapist with excellent interpersonal skills, then please contact our team for more information or apply today.
In return you will be offered:
- A competitive salary £32,00opa - £36,000pa – DOE
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example:
- Leadership and Management, Sensory Integration.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Company pension scheme
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card
- Free parking & meals on duty
- Relocation packages offered
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.