Pulse is currently seeking to recruit a Lead Speech and Language Therapist to join our clients private practice based in London, on a full-time basis. Our client provides person-centred inpatient rehabilitation and care for male and female adolescents and adults (over 17 years) with a brain injury or other complex neurological condition.
As the Lead Speech and Language Therapist your duties will include:
• Providing advanced specialist Speech and Language Therapy assessment and treatment of communication and swallowing for patients with highly complex physical and cognitive impairments caused by neurological insult and acquired brain injury
• Developing and overseeing the implementation and evaluation of individualised treatment programmes and goals
• Working closely with Physiotherapy and Nursing colleagues to provide swallow assessment, treatment and weaning support for patients with tracheostomies
• Using clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of evidence based practice to determine appropriate SLT care pathways
• Be a registered member of the HCPC
• Be a registered member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists with a current licence to practice
• Possess the knowledge and skill in the advanced assessment and treatment of swallowing disorders
• Be adept in the management of patients with complex disabilities
• Have demonstrable skills in management of patients with tracheostomy
• Possess the knowledge and skills in cognitive-neuro assessment and treatment pathways
• Have demonstrable experience if clinical supervision of students and others
• Be an excellent communicator - both written and verbally
• Have highly developed interpretive skills
• Have excellent interpersonal skills – including observation, listening and empathy skills
If this role sounds suited to you, please apply using the form below.
• A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
• Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
• The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme
• Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
• 2 weeks paid paternity leave
• Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
• Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
• A range of staff discounts
• Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
About our client
The Huntercombe Group is a private healthcare provider who employs some of the most talented staff in their field. Their aim is to help people live the happiest and most fulfilling lives they can. They specialise in private care for patients with mental health problems, learning difficulties and brain injuries. Patients and residents range from young teenagers to people in their 60s.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.