Pulse are looking for a highly motivated and innovative Lead OT who would like to make a difference and enjoy the challenge of working with adults in an in-patient setting. You will be part of an able and well-resourced multi-disciplinary team specialising in providing high quality assessments and treatment.
As a Lead Occupational Therapist working in our Adult Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities PICU/Acute Service your main duties will be:
- To work as lead of the Occupational Therapy Department, developing and providing an efficient and effective Occupational Therapy Service.
- To be responsible for a clinical caseload, assessing and treating patients.
- To liaise effectively with Multidisciplinary team colleagues.
- To keep up to date with new treatment methods and be actively involved in research projects relating to mental health.
- To attend Multidisciplinary meetings, reviews and case conferences as required.
- To evaluate treatment and keep accurate records maintaining high professional standards and complying with current legislation.
- To provide support and guidance for lower grades of staff and advice with complex cases where necessary assisting in the treatment of such cases.
- To assist in maintaining high professional standards in clinical and professional matters.
You will be required to manage a case load of patients, carry out assessments and devise treatment plans. You will have excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and be able to work as part of a team.
You will need to:
- Have a minimum BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy.
- Hold current HCPC registration
- Have advanced supervisory and appraisal skills
- Be able to work autonomously and within a MDT.
- Have a person centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
- Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
- Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
- Have a legal right to work in the UK
Whats on Offer:
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Pulse are Specialists in providing the NHS, Community and private healthcare sector with qualified occupational therapists both in the UK and Internationally.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.