Pulse is now recruiting for a Band 8a Speech and Language Therapist who is experienced in head and neck treatment, to join a NHS trust based in London.
The trust has been given an overall Good rating from the CQC and is located close to a main line train station.
Candidates applying will need to be available as soon as possible for this full-time, for an initial 3-month period.
The pay rates shown are for umbrella payment method. The PAYE equivalent is £28-£33 per hour.
Duties will include:
• Independent treatment, assessment and management of complex voice, communication and swallowing disorders associated with and head and neck / oncology patients (adults)
• Working effectively with the MDT team
• Managing own caseload
• Maintaining up to date patient records
• Working with Surgical Voice Restoration and working with Laryngectomees
Skills and experience needed:
• Experience of working with, providing and advising on AAC devices including the electrolarynx device
• Independent skills in conducting and analysing Videofluoroscopy (and FEES desirable)
• Experience of working with tracheostomy management
• HCPC registration
• Qualification in SLT
Why join Pulse?
• Assistance with travel and accommodation
• Daily payroll
• Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomist’s
• Work in a range of geographical locations, we have jobs in the UK and internationally
• First class service from dedicated and experienced consultants
• Free training
• Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
• HireVue online interviews
• Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
• £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions apply
If this role is suited to you, please apply using the form below.
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.