An exciting opportunity has become available within our client’s private hospital in Somerset, for a Speech Therapist to join the Older Adults team to work directly with patients to assess their communication and swallowing needs, providing tailored therapeutic input and management plans that formulate part of their wider care pathway from admission to discharge. This is a full-time role available to start immediately.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
• Experience in the field of Adults and / or Older Adults with Mental Health conditions, including working knowledge / understanding of inpatient services
• Understanding of Positive Behaviour Support and person-centred planning
• Knowledge of key national drivers for inpatient services such as RCSLT’s Five Good Communication Standards
• Qualification and experience in dysphagia management
• Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
• Good organisational and project management skills
• Ability to work flexibly and reinforce the role of SLT on the wards
• Expert Clinical Supervision and peer support
• Regular meetings and networking
• Continuing Professional Development opportunities
• Subsidised meals and free parking
• Company pension scheme and a comprehensive employee assistance programme
If you feel you have the skills and experiences needed for this role, please apply today or contact us for more information.
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.