Pulse is currently recruiting a Band 7 Speech and Language Therapist to working within a well-established NHS trust based in Cambridge. The successful candidate must be able to independently assess and manage a caseload of infants and children who present with communication, swallowing and feeding disorders because of acquired and developmental conditions.
The ideal candidate should be available for immediate start and the placement will run until 28/2/18 but could potentially be extended. This is a full-time position, working 37.5 hours per week. Being a car driver/owner is preferable.
Some main duties will include:
- Managing a caseload of clients with varying diagnosis and complex needs
- Report writing
- Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of patient care programmes
- Work within a multidisciplinary team – liaising with other healthcare professionals
- Evaluation of client care programmes
- Work with all staff to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach through training delivery and development of the environment
- Giving advice and support to patients, family members and teachers
- Maintaining records and case notes
To be considered for this role you must:
- Have previous experience working within paediatrics
- Be HCPC registered
- Hold the relevant degree/qualifications
- Experience of working as part of an MDT; may be asked to provide specialist input to the PICU, the NICU, paediatric oncology and haematology services and general paediatric wards, depending on their skills and experience.
- Experience of working in a fast pace acute adult setting
What can Pulse offer you?
- Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector
- SRE team of trained phlebotomists
- Free training
- £300 Recommend a Friend scheme*
- HireVue online interview
- Streamlined compliance process utilising new online technology
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- Advice and support from a friendly and dedicated team of consultants
- Daily payroll
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.