Pulse are searching for a permanent Speech and Language Therapist, for a Band 7 position, based in Birmingham. The role will be working within a neuro-rehabilitation service. The role is covering full time hours.
The suitable candidate will provide regular input into the neuro-rehabilitation services within their defined geographical location. The role involves regular and intensive work with clients with swallowing and communication difficulties, liaising with families and outside agencies, and training staff at the service.
Main professional responsibilities include:
- Maintaining clinical and non-clinical standards and working within policy frameworks.
- Maintaining up to date HCPC and RCSLT registration.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of legislation, national and local policies and issues in relation to acquired brain injury, Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty safeguards.
- Maintaining up to date and accurate case notes in line with RCSLT professional standards and the client's policies.
- Using specialist clinical knowledge to inform service/policy development, as appropriate.
- Cascade newly acquired knowledge to other team members.
- Being accountable for own professional action and recognise own professional boundaries.
Working flexibly in order to meet and prioritise the complex demands of a specialist environment including unpredictable events, deadlines, frequent interruptions and urgent situations which may arise.
- Dealing sensitively and effectively with initial complaints, to help prevent escalation of these where possible.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.