Are you an empathetic Occupational Therapist who has experience within Paediatrics?
Pulse is now seeking a band 7 Occupational Therapist to work within a paediatric service at an innovative NHS trust in Essex. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours per week on a permanent basis.
The therapist is responsible for assessing, identifying and reviewing a child’s occupational therapy needs as an integral part of the Multi-Professional team. This specialist assessment contributes to the child’s home-based programme which is taught to the parents/carers in order for them to implement it over the following months.
Some duties within this post will include:
• Ensuring that young people are prepared for the transition to adult life
• Fine motor assessments
• Managing own caseload efficiently
• Treating patients with complex needs, learning difficulties or biomechanical problems
• Liaising with other healthcare professionals
Skills and experience needed:
• Relevant degree/qualifications in occupational therapy
• Current HCPC registration
• Previous experience working within a Paediatric service
• Encouraging attitude
• Ability to think outside the box
• Be compassionate and empathetic
• Good team work skills
If you are an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist that has excellent communication and rapport building skills, then please apply today or contact a member of our team for more information.
• Competitive salary
• An individual induction on your role and expectations
• A corporate induction on company policies and basic duties
• Competitive annual leave
• Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.