A new challenging role based in Essex has become available for an experienced Speech Therapist to join our client’s Paediatrics team on a part-time locum basis working 32 hours per week to work with the special needs and autism teams for an initial 3-month contract. The SLT in post will be responsible for covering mainstream and special schools throughout the week, so a car driver will be an advantage.
Pay rates shown for this role are for Umbrella payment method, PAYE equivalent will be £19 - £24 per hour.
Duties within this role will include:
• Managing own caseload – treating for various diagnosis and complex needs
• Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of care plans
• Giving advice and support to patients, family members and teachers
• Report writing, maintaining records and case notes
• Intervention for preschool and school aged children with ASD and learning difficulties
• Cover for a preschool and school aged caseload of children in Brentwood with autistic spectrum disorder in clinic, homes, preschool/school, and complex needs in special schools
• Experience of assessment and therapy interventions with children with ASD.
• Trained to administer the ADOS is desirable.
• Knowledge of interventions for children with ASD - Visual support, PECS, Attention autism, and informal visual approaches
• Knowledge of early intervention and AAC approaches for language as part of learning difficulty
• Assessment as part of the multidisciplinary clinics with the consultant and clinical psychologist.
To be considered for this role you must:
• Hold the relevant degree/qualifications
• Hold HCPC registration
• Previous experience in paediatrics
• HireVue online interviews
• Advice and support from our team of dedicated and experienced consultants
• Our vacancies offer and true work/life balance
• Daily payroll
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
• Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
• Assistance with travel and finding accommodation
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.