Our client is recruiting for a band 7 Occupational Therapist and department lead to join their specialist neurological hospital, within a private service based in Kent. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours for an ongoing period.
The post holder will be responsible for treating patients who have acute, chronic, and progressive neurological conditions by carrying out comprehensive assessments and liaising with other healthcare professionals. As department lead the successful candidate will also be responsible for assistant and junior occupational therapists.
Main duties within this role will include:
- To carry out and complete home assessment, providing recommendations for safe home visits.
- Accept referrals and conduct neuro assessments within 6 hours of admission
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- Providing support for carers and family – advice on care plans after discharge
- Setting realistic client centred goals to help with development
- Neuro splinting and casting
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be HCPC registered
- Hold the relevant degree/qualifications
- Have previous experience working in a similar role
- Comprehensive induction process to welcome new starters
- Competitive salary
- Competitive annual leave
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.