Pulse is now recruiting for a band 7 Speech and Language Therapist who is experienced in head and neck treatment, to join an innovative NHS trust based in South East London. The post will be available to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours for an initial three-month period.
Duties will include:
- Independent treatment, assessment and management of complex voice, communication and swallowing disorders associated with and head and neck / oncology patients (adults)
- Working effectively with the MDT team
- Managing own caseload
- Maintaining up to date patient records
- Working with Surgical Voice Restoration and working with Laryngectomees
Skills and experience needed:
- Experience of working with, providing and advising on AAC devices including the electrolarynx device
- Independent skills in conducting and analysing Videofluoroscopy (and FEES desirable)
- Experience of working with tracheostomy management
- HCPC registration
- Qualification in SLT
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- Daily payroll
- Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomist’s
- Work in a range of geographical locations, we have jobs in the UK and internationally
- First class service from dedicated and experienced consultants
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- HireVue online interviews
- Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors
- £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.