Highly Specialist Speech & Language Therapist - Band 7
37.5 hours per week.
Are you an experienced Speech & Language Therapist looking for an opportunity to work as part of a dynamic SLT team, on the beautiful Isle of Wight, situated a few miles off the English South Coast.
Are you committed to the Speech & Language profession and keen to provide a high-quality service to your clients?
If your answer to these questions is “yes”, you could be one of the people we are looking for to join us on the Isle of Wight.
This role requires a flexible and innovative Speech & Language Therapist to work in a dedicated SLT team linking in with multidisciplinary teams across acute wards and inpatient Stroke Unit.
The pay rates shown are for Umbrella payment method. The PAYE equivalent will be £21 - £26 per hour.
You will need to have:
• Relevant qualifications and current registration with H.C.P.C
• A combination of relevant specialist skills, experience and knowledge in a wide range of conditions and settings
• To provide leadership for staff and students.
• To contribute to the development of the Speech Therapy Service
• Demonstrate high-level written and oral (including telephone) communication skills
• Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
• Knowledge and understanding of the application of quality care and evidence based practice
• Demonstrated high level of organizational and time management skills
The Isle of Wight is a beautiful place to live with excellent opportunities for outdoor pursuits. Most of the Island is semi-rural with miles of unspoilt bridleways coursing through National Trust woods and over chalk downs. Spectacular cliff and coastal walks can be enjoyed all around the Island.
There are multiple frequent ferry links to the mainland and London can be reached in 90 minutes by rail from Southampton or Portsmouth. There is a regional airport at Southampton, just 30 minutes away, with flights to many European destinations as well as UK mainland cities.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.