Pulse is currently seeking a compassionate Speech Language Therapist with Dysphagia experience to join a fantastic NHS trust based in Nottinghamshire. This position is available to start as soon as possible, offering full-time for an initial 3-month duration.
The successful speech language therapist will be responsible for completing detailed assessments and individualised treatments to dysphagia patients within the community. It is essential that the candidate is able to work with both children and adults as they will be working with a mixed caseload.
Some main duties will include:
• Assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need
• Managing a caseload of clients with varying diagnosis and complex needs
• Report writing
• Work within a multidisciplinary team – liaising with other healthcare professionals
• Coaching, training and consultation work with service providers
• Differentially diagnose, develop care plans and identify goals appropriate to knowledge of prognosis
• Work with all staff to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach through training delivery and development of the environment
• Plan, implement and evaluate detailed programmes of specialist SLT treatment for a mixed caseload of adults and children
To be considered for this role you must:
• Have previous experience working with dysphagia patients
• Be HCPC registered
• Hold the relevant degree/qualifications
• Showcase excellent communication skills and a person-centred approach, with the ability to work with all ages
• Be empathetic and caring, with a passion to help patients that have a range of speech therapy disorders
• Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector
• Regional Compliance Team of trained phlebotomists
• iPoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
•Access to high-quality voluntary training
• £300 Recommend a Friend scheme*
• HireVue online interview
• Advice and support from a friendly and dedicated team of consultants
• Daily payroll
*Terms and Conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Speech Language Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.