Pulse is currently recruiting for a qualified band 6 speech and language therapist to work within the acute adult team at a well-established NHS trust located in Cambridgeshire. The trust is located closely to a main line train station making it easily accessible.
This placement is available to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours for a 6-month period. Ideally candidates will have at least 1-2 years’ experience of working with dysphagia patients and you will be carrying out independent assessment and management of communication and swallowing difficulties in the acute hospital setting.
To be considered for this role you must:
• Have previous experience working with dysphagia patients
• Be HCPC registered
• Hold the relevant degree/qualifications
Some main duties will include:
• Assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need
• Managing a caseload of clients with varying diagnosis and complex needs
• Report writing
• Work within a multidisciplinary team – liaising with other healthcare professionals
• Coaching, training and consultation work with service providers
• Work with all staff to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach through training delivery and development of the environment
What can Pulse offer you?
• Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector
• SRE team of trained phlebotomists
• Free training
• £300 Recommend a Friend scheme*
• HireVue online interview
• Advice and support from a friendly and dedicated team of consultants
• Daily payroll
*Terms and Conditions apply
If this role is suited to you, please apply using the form below.
Recommend a friend to Pulse and you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.