Pulse is now recruiting for a band 6 Senior Occupational Therapist to work within an exciting Forensic service at an innovative NHS trust based in London. The role is available to start as soon as possible offering full-time 37.5 hours per week for an ongoing period.
As this is a Forensic role, it would be beneficial that you have previous experience of working within a Forensic setting and low secure units. You will be working within a very busy environment so must be able to manage own caseload in an efficient and timely manner. You will be required to provide a specialist Occupational Therapy service to service users within medium and low secure services providing interventions underpinned by the Model of Human Occupation and the principles of Recovery.
The pay rates shown are for Umbrella payment method. The PAYE equivalent will be £19 - £24 per hour.
Duties will include:
• Liasing with a Multidisciplinary team, service users, families, carers, statutory and voluntary Organisations and occupational therapy colleagues
• To provide leadership for junior staff, through supervision and appraisal
• To manage a defined caseload of patients with multiple and complex needs, using evidence based /person centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions in an in-patient forensic setting and during escorted community leave.
• To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of OT services within a designated area/team, holding responsibility for defined projects.
• To provide ‘Disability Champion’ duties leading the multi-disciplinary team in Disability Equality matters within Specialist Services as required.
Join Pulse and you will benefit from:
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• First class support and advice from our experienced consultants’ team
• Different payment options – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
• £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
• Daily payroll
• HireVue online interviews
• Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
• Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomist’s
• Streamlined compliance process utilising new technology
*terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.