An exciting opportunity has become available for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to be part of our client’s inpatient rehabilitation team within a private care home located in Hertfordshire. The post is available for the appointed therapist to start as soon as possible working full time hours on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will provide Occupational Therapy assessment, advice and rehabilitation to residents discharged from hospital for further rehabilitation. They will be an experienced Occupational Therapist with good clinical knowledge within the elderly care sector and within a rehabilitation unit.
Applying therapists will need:
• HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist
• Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy
• Previous experience working in a similar setting
• Good communication skills
• The ability to develop rapport with service users
• Good problem solving skills
The candidate’s duties will include:
• Working with people of all ages to help them overcome the effects of disability caused by physical or psychological illness, ageing or accident
• Working with a client to help them achieve a fulfilled and satisfied state in life
• Supporting carers and families
• Assessing and providing equipment to aid rehabilitation and improve quality of life, ensuring that appropriate instruction and safety awareness is given
• Being professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities
• Undertake therapy assessments and continually develop a high service for patients
• Competitive salary
• An individual induction on your role and expectations
• A corporate induction on company policies and basic duties
• Competitive annual leave
• Continued Professional Development (CPD)
• Childcare vouchers
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.