Pulse is currently seeking an empathetic Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join our clients Orthopaedic and surgery team within an NHS trust based in London. The successful therapist will be able to start this role immediately, working full time hours each week for an initial 12 week period with possibility to extend.
The Occupational therapist in post must have previous NHS experience within orthopaedics and surgery settings to be considered for this vacancy. You will need experience in conducting assessments, rehabilitation, discharge planning, equipment prescription, and manual handling.
Duties within this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing safe and timely discharge from hospital for patients
- Carrying out independent assessment
- Educate patients and their relatives/carers of post-operative regimes
- Help to prevent post-operative complications
- Prescribing complex equipment such as hoists
- Assessment of patient progress and rehabilitation
- Being professionally and legally responsible for own work
Skills and experience needed:
- HCPC registration
- Previous experience in a similar NHS setting
- Relevant degree/qualification – in occupational therapy
If you are a compassionate and dedicated Occupational Therapist looking for a new role in orthopaedics, then please apply today or contact a member of our team for more information.
- HireVue online interviews
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- iPoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
- Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
- Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomists
- Support and advice from our dedicated and experienced team of consultants
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.