We are currently recruiting for a full time Occupational Therapist to join our multi-disciplinary team, working with adults with serious and enduring mental illness and old age psychiatry, at our private hospital and care home near Maidenhead, Berkshire.
Due to expansion of the hospital we are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and forward thinking occupational therapist to join our friendly team. You must have a degree or post graduate diploma in Occupation Therapy and be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). Previous experience in mental health would be advantageous but not essential.
You will be based near Maidenhead, and you will work alongside a full team, including nurses, support workers, activities co-ordinator, clinical psychologist and consultant psychiatrist. You must have excellent organisational, communication and time management skills. Knowledge and experience of risk assessment, care programme approach and provision of quality assessments and interventions (using the Model of Human Occupation) would be of benefit.
Demonstrable experience of operating as an Occupational Therapist
Some experience of delivery of training to groups.
Skills and Abilities
· Able to read, write and comprehend moderately complex report and give advice on Occupational Health matters.
· Ability to use empathy and tack in dealing with a range of people in demanding and stressful situations.
· Ability to balance conflicting demands and prioritise demanding workloads to meet deadlines.
· Decisive and able to make appropriate professional judgements.
· Able to use MS Word, Excel, databases and have an advance knowledge of the internet.
Education & Training
Degree in Occupational Therapy
Registration with appropriate professional body (HCPC)
In return we can offer you:
· Excellent salary including regular reviews
· Support and professional advice from an approachable, committed and welcoming team
· Development opportunities
· Full induction training, plus further internal / external training opportunities
· 28-day annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
· Low cost accommodation
· Pension scheme
· Regular clinical supervision
Your main responsibilities will be:
· Using own initiative, provide professional advice and guidance to staff and patients
· To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities
· To undertake therapy assessments and continually develop a high service for patients
· Maintain accurate and comprehensive patient records in line with company and professional standards and provide activity/audit reports as required
· To support the organisation, delivery and monitoring of the service
· Carry continuing responsibility for the co-ordination and assessment of patients' occupational therapy needs, along with the planning, implementation and evaluation of therapy.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.