Pulse is now recruiting for a band 6 or 7 Occupational Therapist to work within an Acute elderly care ward setting at a well-established NHS Trust in London. The position available is to start immediately for an ongoing period, the hours of work will be a mixture of early and late shifts which consist of 8-4(Early) and 10-6(late), The successful candidate will to work 37.5 hours per week. The trust has been given an overall Good rating from CQC and is close by to a main line train station, with regular running public transport.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within an acute setting and discharge support.
The pay rates shown are for umbrella payment method. The PAYE equivalent is £19-£30 per hour. Depending on Banding.
Duties within the role will include:
• Functional and cognitive assessments
• Implementing appropriate intervention
• Experience working in an acute NHS hospital within a multidisciplinary team
• Knowledgeable in cognition and equipment provision for safe discharge
• Competent in assessment/treatment/discharge planning in acute older people’s /medical wards in a busy hospital
• Referral of patients for further rehabilitation
• Demonstrating safe use and fitting of equipment
• Helping patients with lifestyle management
To be considered for this role you must:
• Hold the relevant degree/qualification
• Have previous experience in a similar role (within an acute setting)
• Be HCPC registered
Pulse can offer you:
• HireVue online interviews
• £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
• Daily payroll
• Streamlined compliance process using new online technology
• Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
• First class service from our team of dedicated and experienced consultants
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• Assistance with travel and accommodation
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have work over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.