Pulse is recruiting for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join a NHS trust based in Surrey. You will be working within Trauma, Orthopaedics and a General Surgery team. The ideal candidate should be able to carry out referrals on to community services, facilitate independent living and educate patients, relatives and carers of the post operative regimes.
The successful candidate will be available ASAP, full time covering a minimum of 2 months. The working hours are 8:00-4:00pm with a half hour break (some negotiability is possible). Being a car driver/owner is not essential for this role.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
- Treatment of patients and maximise independence
- To act autonomously in the assessment and treatment of patients within the speciality who may have a complex presentation
- Prevent post operative complications
- This role entails 90% Clinical Contact and 10% Operational Management as appropriate within team requirements
- To ensure safe, efficient and effective delivery of patient focussed care in line with identified evidence based practice, local and national standards
- Assessment for specialist adaptive equipment
- Actively engage carers/families in assessments
- Referring to community colleagues for community based assessments.
In order to be considered for this position you must have the following;
- A relevant degree qualification
- HCPC registration
- Previous exposure in a similar environment
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Our vacancies offer a true/work life balance
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector (which is not affected by IR35)
- Different payment options – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Free training
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- £300 Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.