Our client is currently seeking a compassionate Occupational therapist to welcome into their Medicine team at an NHS trust located in London. The successful therapist will be able to start this role as soon as possible, working full time hours each week for an initial 3-month period.
Occupational therapists applying should have good experience and knowledge within specialist medicine areas such as Respiratory, Renal, Cardiology, Gastro and Liver. You will need skills in complex OT assessments and intervention and discharge planning to be considered for this role.
Due to this being a senior position applying therapists should have leadership skills as you will be supervising junior staff and supporting them with their education and development.
Duties within the role will include:
• Functional and cognitive assessments
• Implementing appropriate intervention
• Discharge planning
• Referral of patients for further rehabilitation
• Demonstrating safe use and fitting of equipment
• Helping patients with lifestyle management
To be considered for this role you must:
• Hold the relevant degree/qualification within Occupational therapy
• Have previous experience in a similar acute/medicine role
• Be HCPC registered
• Have good communication skills
• Be able to build trust and rapport with patients
• Be encouraging and build confidence in others
If you are an enthusiastic and empathetic therapist with a keen interest in helping adults with respiratory conditions, please apply today or contact our team for more information.
• HireVue online interviews
• £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
• iPoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
• Daily payroll
• Streamlined compliance process using new online technology
• Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
• First class service from our team of dedicated and experienced consultants
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• Assistance with travel and accommodation
Not for you but know the perfect Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have work over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.