Pulse is recruiting for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work with the Greenwich Community Neuro Rehabilitation Team, based in London. The candidate will need good adult neuro experience and at least 6 months minimum working with stroke, MS, MND and TBI, including equipment.
The ideal candidate will be available for immediate start. The placement will finish on 16/11/17, working full-time hours of 37.5 per week, Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm. This placement is a community role so therefore must be a car owner/driver, although community experience is preferable but not essential.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
- Enable people with physical disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home
- have good experience working with patients with neurological conditions including stroke, head injury, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis & progressive conditions.
- Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
- Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent
- Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities
- Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required
- To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities
- Home visits, Risk assessment process, Referral to hospital, Discharge planning, Rehabilitation, Short term support, Falls assessments, Short term illness
In order to be considered for this position you must have the following;
- A relevant degree qualification
- RIO trained with NHS Smartcard
- Previous exposure in a similar environment
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Different payment options – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Free training
- Shortlist for vacancies offer a true work/life balance
- Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
- HireVue online interviews
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- £300 Recommend a friend bonus scheme
*Terms and Conditions apply*
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.