Pulse is recruiting for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join a NHS trust based in North East London. The role is community based therefore it is essential for the candidate to own a car. You will be completing pre-op home assessment and equipment prescription for patient awaiting elective orthopaedic surgery.
The ideal candidate will be available for immediate start. The role is a part time position, working 3 days a week (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-17:00pm). You should also have experience working within the NHS.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
- Enable people with physical disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home
- Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent
- Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities
- Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required
- To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities
- Home visits, Risk assessment process, Referral to hospital, Discharge planning, Rehabilitation, Short term support, Falls assessments, Short term illness
- Promote a physically disabled person’s quality of life and that of their carers
- Support the physically disabled person’s carer and enable them to continue in their carer’s role
- Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
In order to be considered for this position you must have the following;
- A relevant degree qualification
- RIO trained with NHS Smartcard
- Previous exposure in a similar environment
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Different payment options – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Free training
- SRE team of trained phlebotomists
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- £300 Recommend a friend bonus scheme
*Terms and Conditions apply*
If you feel you are suitable for this role please apply using the application form below.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.