Are you an enthusiastic and compassionate Occupational Therapist seeking a new role?
Our client is looking for a locum Occupational Therapist to join the Elderly Care team at a well-established NHS trust, based in East London. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours per week for an ongoing duration.
The appointed, multi-skilled Occupational Therapist will be responsible for assessing and treating older adults with a range of mild to complex conditions. The ideal therapist will need to have diverse experience, covering settings such as: intermediate care; emergency departments; community services and rapid response, to be considered for this role.
Therapist’s applying for this role must have:
- HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist
- A relevant degree/qualification within Occupational Therapy
- Knowledge of specialist equipment
- Experience of working within a similar NHS setting
- Good communication skills
- The ability to think outside the box
Duties within this role will include:
- Managing a clinical caseload
- Writing accurate and detailed reports on patient progress
- Working as part as a multidisciplinary team
- Discharge planning
- Assessments and provision of hoists and slings
- Devising care plans with family members and/or carers
- Develop rehabilitation programs to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
- Support and advice from our team of friendly and dedicated consultants
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- ipoint – electronic timesheet processing application
- Assistance with travel and accommodation
- HireVue online interviews
- £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
- Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomists
- Daily payroll
- Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector
*terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.