Pulse is now actively seeking to recruit a band 6 CAMHS Occupational Therapist to join our private client’s team based in Kent, on a full-time permanent contract. Candidates applying must be able to start as soon as possible, for an ongoing period.
It is essential that the appointed candidate has previous experience working within a CAMHS setting, to be considered for the role. It would also be advantageous for the successful candidate to have ADI experience.
The pay rates shown are for Umbrella payment method. The PAYE equivalent will be £16 - £21 per hour. Please note that the pay brackets are dependent on banding.
Main duties include:
- Manage a caseload of clients across 2 wards
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
- Work closely with the Head of Occupational Therapy and two OTA's who will assist you in your day to day duties such as, therapeutic activity
- Complete full assessments of patients’ occupational performance including areas of self-care, productivity and leisure
- Achieve therapeutic goals by implementing core and individual treatments
- Contribute to all aspects of risk assessment and management, within your clinical area
- Evaluate and modify interventions, utilising appropriate outcome measures.
To be considered for this role you must:
- A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and membership of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy
- Currently operating as a Band 6 Occupational Therapist
- CAMHS experience
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy processes and interventions
- Be able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Have a good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
- Excellent communication / time management skills
- Salary: £30 - £36K
- Onsite support and supervision from the Head of Occupational Therapy
- Company pension scheme
- Subsidised meals
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.