Pulse is currently seeking an empathetic band 6 Speech Language Therapist with Dysphagia experience to be welcomed into our client’s private service located in Berkshire. This position is available for the appointed speech therapist to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours per week for a permanent contract.
The successful speech and language therapist will be responsible for completing detailed assessments; differentially diagnosing; developing care plans and identifying realistic goals for adults with a range of neurological and communication disorders. They will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team to plan, implement and evaluate specialist treatments for a varied caseload.
Some main duties will include:
• Assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need
• Managing a caseload of clients with varying diagnosis and complex needs
• Report writing
• Work within a multidisciplinary team – liaising with other healthcare professionals
• Coaching, training and consultation work with service providers
• Work with all staff to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach through training delivery and development of the environment
To be considered for this role you must:
• Have previous experience working with dysphagia patients
• Be HCPC registered
• Hold the relevant degree/qualifications within speech therapy
• Showcase excellent communication skills and a person-centred approach
• Be empathetic and caring, with a passion to help patients that have a range of speech therapy disorders
- Annual salary (Up to £40,000)
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible working opportunities
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
Not for you but know the ideal Speech Language Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.