Our client is now seeking to recruit an experienced band 6 Occupational Therapist to join their innovative NHS trust based in Essex. The post is available to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours per week, for an ongoing duration.
The appointed therapist will be required to perform assessment, treatment and discharge planning of inpatients on a busy ward, working alongside other clinical staff such as physiotherapists, social workers and nurses.
To be considered for this role applying occupational therapists will need:
- HCPC registration
- Relevant qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Previous experience working within a community discharge team
Skills and experience needed:
- Discharge planning with a range of patients with fluctuating and life limiting conditions
- Ability to work in a busy environment with constantly changing priorities
- Previous experience of working with palliative care/hospice care – desirable
- Complex handling and moving skills – able to assess patients to get out of bed and sit out
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop a rapport with patients
- Good communication skills
- Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors
- First class support and advice from a dedicated consultant
- £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
- iPoint – Electronic timesheet processing app
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- HireVue online interviews
- Daily payroll
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.