Pulse is recruiting for a band 6 Community Occupational Therapist to join a NHS trust based in Berkshire, as the role is community based so you will need to be a car driver/owner. May also include some Mental Health duties, based in Wallingford.
The ideal candidate will be available for immediate start. The role is a full time position, working the hours of 9:00am-17:00pm. You should also have advanced experience in stroke and neurological treatment.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
- Enable people with physical disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home
- Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent
- Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities
- Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required
- To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities
- Promote a physically disabled person’s quality of life and that of their carers
- Support the physically disabled person’s carer and enable them to continue in their carer’s role
- Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
In order to be considered for this position you must have the following;
- A relevant degree qualification
- HCPC registration
- Previous exposure in a similar environment
In return Pulse can offer you;
- Our vacancies offer a true true/work life balance
- Access to exclusive job opportunities
- Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
- A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
- Different payment options – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- Free training
- Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
- £300 Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply*
If this role is suited to you please apply using the form below.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.