Pulse is now actively seeking to recruit a band 6 CAMHS occupational therapist with previous experience in working with children and adolescents with learning difficulties. The placement is based in Hampshire, within a school setting.
In this role, you will also be required to cover two sites over 3 working days so it is essential that applicants have a full licence and access to own vehicle. Both sites will involve working with children aged 7 – 19. One will be working with those with Autism and the other with Asperger’s. Some of the main duties in this role will include:
• Independently carry out mental health assessments on young people referred to the CAMHS team
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Carry out 1 : 1 and group interventions
• Provide treatment plans for young people/children who are experiencing moderate to severe emotional and behavioural difficulties
• Independently assess risk and develop discharge safety plans
• Provide training, support and consultation to the team working with the young person
• Attend child focused meetings and contributing to risk management plans and placement plans
This role is available to start as soon as possible for a 3-month period. Days of work will be Monday to Friday, but the client may also consider candidates working 4 days per week. To be considered for this role you must:
• Have a relevant degree qualification
• Be HCPC registered
• Have previous exposure in a similar roleIn return, Pulse can offer you:
• Different payment options – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
• Advice and support from our dedicated and experienced consultants
• Streamlined compliance process utilising new online technology
• Assistance with travel and accommodation
• HireVue online interviews
• £300 Recommend a Friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
If this role is suited to you, please apply today by filling out the application form below.
Recommend a friend to Pulse and you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.