Pulse is currently recruiting for a qualified Band 6 Speech and Language Therapist to work within the acute adult team at a well-established NHS trust located in London. This placement is available to start as soon as possible, offering full time hours for an initial 2-month period.
You will independently assess and treat a caseload of community adult patients with communication difficulties and dysphagia, as well as strokes and neurology.
To be considered for this role you must:
• Have previous experience working with dysphagia patients
• Have experience working with stroke and neurology patients
• Be HCPC registered
• Hold the relevant degree/qualifications
Some main duties will include:
• Assessment of individuals to determine specific areas of need
• Managing a caseload of clients with varying diagnosis and complex needs
• Report writing
• Work within a multidisciplinary team – liaising with other healthcare professionals
• Coaching, training and consultation work with service providers
• Work with all staff to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach through training delivery and development of the environment
What can Pulse offer you?
• Variety of work opportunities in the NHS and private sector
• Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
• Regional Compliance Team of trained phlebotomists
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• £300 Recommend a Friend scheme*
• HireVue online interview
• Advice and support from a friendly and dedicated team of consultants
• Daily payroll
*Terms and Conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.