Our client is currently seeking a Band 5 Occupational Therapist with discharge planning expertise to join a well-established NHS therapy team based in Dorset. This position is available to start as soon as possible, offering full-time hours for an initial three-month period.
You will be required to perform assessment, treatment and discharge planning of inpatients within home visits. As this is a community-based role, it is essential that the appointed candidate holds a full UK driving licence, to be considered for the role.
Skills and experience needed:
- Discharge planning with a range of patients with fluctuating and life limiting conditions
- Ability to work in a busy environment with constantly changing priorities
- Previous experience of working with palliative care/hospice care – desirable
- Complex handling and moving skills – able to assess patients to get out of bed and sit out
- Ability to work as a lone therapist
As well as travelling between two of our client’s sites, you may also be required to carry out some home visits to conduct treatment in patient homes.
- Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
- First class support and advice from a dedicated consultant
- £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
- Access to high-quality voluntary training
- Our vacancies offer a true work/life balance
- Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and umbrella
- HireVue online interviews
- Daily payroll
*Terms and conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal candidate?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn £300 per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.