An exciting opportunity has become available for a locum Occupational Therapist to be part of our client’s inpatient rehabilitation team within an NHS located in Lancashire. The post is available for the appointed therapist to start as soon as possible working full time hours for an initial 3 month period.
The successful Occupational therapist will have previous experience in a similar role, working within rehabilitation and discharge planning while managing own caseload.
Applying therapists will need:
• HCPC registration as an Occupational Therapist
• Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy
• Previous experience working in a similar setting
• Good communication skills
• The ability to develop rapport with service users
• Good problem solving skills
The candidate’s duties include:
• To provide a high standard of service to patients
• To manage a defined caseload and assess, plan, implement and evaluate Occupational Therapy intervention with clinical/professional supervision of Senior Occupational Therapists.
• To act as a source of knowledge on the management of a caseload and provide an advisory service to patients, relatives, other healthcare professionals and to assistants and occupational therapy students.
• To maintain records as an autonomous practitioner. To assist the team in planning, co-ordinating, delivering and evaluating the occupational therapy service.
• To participate in the education and training of occupational therapists, other health professionals and students in occupational therapy intervention.
• Different payment methods – PAYE/PSC/LTD and Umbrella
• HireVue online interviews
• Variety of opportunities in both NHS and private sectors (which are not affected by IR35)
• Up to £300 recommend a friend bonus scheme*
• Daily payroll
• Access to high-quality voluntary training
• Access to exclusive job opportunities
• Support and advice from our friendly and dedicated team of consultants
• Regional compliance team of trained phlebotomists
*Terms and Conditions apply
Not for you but know the ideal Occupational Therapist?
If you are registered with Pulse and recommend a friend to us, you can earn a £300 bonus per recommendation, once they have worked over 200 hours*.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.