Pulse is recruiting for band 5 occupational therapists to join a NHS trust based in Lancashire, the roles are community based so you will need to be a car driver/owner. The trust has also recently received a Good overall rating from CQC.
The placements are available to start as soon as possible for an initial period of 5 months, both full time and part time candidates will be considered. The ideal candidate will also have advanced experience in stroke and neurological treatment.
Your main responsibilities will be as follows;
• Enable people with physical disabilities to be as independent and as safe as possible in their own home
• Promote a physically disabled person’s quality of life and that of their carers
• Support the physically disabled person’s carer and enable them to continue in their carer’s role
• Provide advice, arrange equipment or recommend alterations to the home; ensure safe ad competent use of such equipment
• Help people make the most of their abilities, and work with them to find solutions to the problems that limit their ability to be independent
• Easier and safer ways of managing everyday activities i.e. washing, dressing, household tasks and activities
• Offer an Assessment of Carer’s or parent’s needs and provide appropriate advice as required
• To be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of own work, including management of patients and other professional activities
In order to be considered for this position you must have the following;
• A relevant degree qualification
• HCPC registration
• Previous exposure in a similar environment
• Advanced stroke and neurological skills
In return Pulse can offer you;
• Excellent rates of pay
• Access to exclusive job opportunities
• Support and professional advice from an approachable, dedicated and friendly team
• A variety of employment opportunities in your preferred area
• HireVue online interviews
• Free training
• Flexible hours to meet your needs; part or full time
• £300 Recommend a friend bonus scheme*
*Terms and Conditions apply
If you are suited to this role, please apply using the form below.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.