Summary of role
To provide a high level of administrative support to ensure that the legal requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 are adhered to.
Key Performance Areas
- To ensure that all reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals and Hospital Manager meetings are requested from professionals internally and externally and collected/distributed in a timely manner.
- To liaise with the Mental Health Tribunal and Ministry of Justice with regard to agreeing dates for Tribunals.
- To book rooms and interpreters for Mental Health Tribunals and Hospital Manager hearings as required.
- To arrange Hospital Manager Appeals/Section renewal meetings and to provide support and a clerking service to the hospital managers panel.
- To scrutinize and process legal documentation regarding patients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
- To ensure that all legal documentation is correct and available to go with a patient when transferred to other Services/Hospitals.
- To develop and maintain systems with regard to patient notes and legal documents.
- To maintain Mental Health Act databases.
- To be responsible for liaising with the Care Quality Commission regarding requesting visits from Second Opinion Appointed Doctors.
- To undertake any training currently required for the role and for the future development of the role and department.
- To work on projects as allocated.
- Must have working knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.