Our client is looking for a Finance and Commercial Manager to work in their private hospital in Chesire.
• Providing professional, service led, financial and commercial advice and support to the hospital
• Ensuring the delivery of annual operating plans and business objectives defined within the hospital roadmap
• Promoting commercial and financial awareness across the hospital team and consultant body enabling the understanding of the operational cost drivers to support decision making and improvements in the utilisation of hospital resources in order to drive improved profitability
• Ensuring an effective system of internal control is applied throughout the hospital, with focus on stock management and delivery of efficient internal processes
• Contributing to the development of the Finance function
• Bench marking departmental/hospital performance on an on-going basis, against KPIs, budget, prior year and other hospitals with the resultant challenge and action to achieve desired outcomes
• Responsibility for delivery of efficient NHS contracting and stores functions
• Developing close working relationships with hospital management team and provide financial and commercial representation within the hospital management structure
• Producing monthly management accounts, forecasts and annual operating plans, aligned with the hospital road map, with supporting commentaries and variance analysis. Synopsis of this performance to be delivered monthly at HODS meetings, with relevant bench-marking analysis
• Ensuring that costing analysis yields meaningful and practical information about the hospitals cost base and identify opportunities to drive improvements in resource utilisation and deliver increased profitability
• Working with hospital management teams to ensure that locally controlled pricing is robust and profitable
• Pro-active monthly challenge of HODs with department accounts and drive for cost improvements where required
• In conjunction with hospital management team prioritise capital expenditure, maintain the capital log & prepare financial justifications to support business cases
• Having direct line management responsibility for the NHS contract manager and his/her team. Likewise with the stores manager and to obtain maximum advantage and efficiency from both functions
• Taking full responsibility of all hospital commercial contracts, with appropriate financial input, from negotiation to completion and retain all such contract documents, within your department
• Ensuring strong financial controls are in place to guarantee the integrity of financial reporting and to safeguard the company’s assets
• Liaising with the hospital, Finance, Commercial and Operational Compliance functions in order to promote improvements to process and internal controls
• Ensuring appropriate and timely provision of financial and commercial advice to hospital management team
• Contributing to the shared learning and development of the wider Finance Team through sharing of best practice, attendance at the wider Finance team meetings and maintaining regular communication
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge of financial standards and developments in the Healthcare sector
• Undertaking high level financial analysis for the Financial Controller where required
• Undertaking any other reasonable duties requested by the Hospital Director or Head of Finance.
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.