Work overseas with Pulse

registering with the HCPC 

To practise in the UK as an occupational therapist, physiotherapist, clinical psychologist, counselling psychologist or speech therapist, you need to register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).

There are professional standards that all HCPC registrants must meet in order to register and remain so. For a full list of all the professions and their standards of proficiency, please click here.

How to apply:

The application process is straightforward and doesn’t take long to complete. For more information, please follow this link.

Step 1:

  • Complete and submit your application.

  • There is a cost of £495 which is only taken if your application is put forward to processing; it is not taken immediately.

Step 2:

  • Initial processing is done within four weeks of receipt.

Step 3:

  • Your application will be sent to two assessors within 60 working days of receipt.

  • You can find out more information by clicking here. Alternatively, you can seek support via email at or via phone (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) 

    • UK calls: 0300 500 4472

    • International calls: +44 (0)20 7582 5460

Looking to relocate?

Take the first step on your journey to the UK by registering with Pulse. Our friendly and dedicated team will be in touch shortly after to explore your requirements in more detail and find you the best opportunities available.

If you'd like to explore a handful of the positions we have available you can view them here.

Register here

Alternatively, send us an email with any questions you have.

Have questions?