Working in KAMC & KSA
Working in Saudi Arabia offers a unique opportunity to work with a multicultural group of skilled and devoted professionals. Nursing services currently have approximately 3, 000 Nursing and non-Nursing positions comprising personnel from over 44 different nationality bases across the globe. This nationality multiplicity reflects the diversity in culture and clinical skills within nursing services. Joint Commission International (JCI) standards of care and practice have been adopted as the unifying standard.
We promote a distinguished positive working environment of life long learning for nurses, students, and other health care providers, focusing on continuous quality initiatives, evidence based practice and research. As a result there are many resources available to our nurses in terms of `on the floor' support. Each specialty area has its own Clinical Resource Nurse who is employed especially to support and facilitate staff learning and skill building. We are committed to career advancement, recruitment and retention of expert resources, and promotion of state of the art technology and nursing informatics.
We strive to establish and maintain dynamic academic settings that lead to the most attractive career opportunities in nursing by providing a broad range of educational programs e.g.
- BLS, PALS, ACLS, PHTLS, ATLS, ATCN, FCCS, and Disaster Management... these courses are internationally certified. They are taken through the Post Graduate Training Center, for a price (approx 50 pounds sterling).
- Within Nursing Education we offer several courses free of charge... preceptorship, teaching and assessing nursing students, haemodynamics, and the Emergency Nursing Certificate - the latter at diploma / Bachelor's / Master's level - these are all credited by California Nursing Board. South Bank and the Saudi Council as well as our own University will pick up the Emergency Nursing Course.
- A yearlong diploma in nursing and education management - which our employees can access, for a price.
- We also offer Monash Masters in Nursing - modular series, and the nurses pay for each module
Contracts are for one year, with a sign on bonus equivalent to one-month salary if you re-contract. Other benefits include:
- Tax Free Salary (every thing in KSA is tax free)
- Able to Save the Majority of Your Salary
- Yearly Service Award (Re-contracting Bonus)
- Provision of Furnished Housing
- Yearly Round Trip ticket to Point of Hire
- Free Medical Coverage
- Opportunity to Travel (Europe, Fareast and Africa)
- Single contract /Married contract
- Some of the positions with a Family Contract (Accompanied Status) up to 3 eligible dependents, one of whom is a spouse
- Education Allowances for Married contract (2 eligible dependents only, 6-18 years of age)
- SR23,000 each eligible dependent per school year, subject to submission of school invoices
- Annual round-trip ticket to Riyadh directly from the location of the school outside the Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
- Housing Accommodation
- Transportation Services
- Free mobilization and de-mobilization flights to and from point of origin.
- Baggage allowance
- 30 days of Annual Leave per year ( 2.5 days per month of service, to be utilized by the employee after 6 months of service)
- Holiday Leave per year ( 5 Days Eid Al Fitr, 5 Days Hajj and 1 Day Saudi National Day)
- Mid year Benefit (Ticket and 10 days post leave)
- Entitle for the Overtime Pay (Rate per hour * 150%)
- Saudi Service Award (Consisting of One-half months basic salary for each of the first five years of service and one month basic salary for each year of services thereafter)
- Annual vacation air tickets to point of origin (on contract renewal)
- Uniform & laundry
- Recreation Services
- Medical library/ Internet access
- Telephone access code for personal national and international phone calls (Charges are part of salary deductions)
- 12 month contracts (renewable)
- Merit increase upon renewal of contract, maximum of 6%
- Availability of on Job training & courses
- Availability of Promotion & Transfer
Sound interesting? Want to apply?! See our vacancies at KAMC & KSA.